Arsenal finally agree €80m fee to sign Pepe from Lille, winger to pen five-year deal

Arsenal finally agree €80m fee to sign Pepe from Lille, winger to pen five-year deal


Arsenal have reached an agreement with Lille to sign Nicolas Pepe, BBC reports.

The Ivorian winger will cost the Gunners €80million, to be paid by instalments.

Pepe will sign a five-year deal and the move is expected to be closed in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Napoli and Liverpool were also keen on the player, but his agent decided that Unai Emery’s project is the best for the 24-year-old.

Pepe emerged as one of this summer’s most sought after players, after scoring 22 goals in the league last season. source
Share:

Airforce Who Returned N15 million at The Airport, Rewarded With Double Promotion

The Nigerian Airforce Officer who returned €37,000 (N15 million) idenified as Bashir Umar has been given a double promotion for the exemplary act.

Asides being decorated with a new rank of Corporal for returning €37,000 to its owner, the former Aircraftman received a letter of commendation from the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, at the Headquarters of the Nigerian Air Force in Abuja, during a special decoration ceremony

Speaking at the event, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar praised Bashir for the rare act of integrity. He said;

“I am proud to say that we have found in ACM Bashir the rare qualities we stand for in the Nigerian Air Force.

“The special promotion of ACM Bashir to the rank of Corporal today apart from serving as a reward for good conduct is also to serve as motivation to other airmen/airwomen to aspire for such elevation,” he added.

Born on the 1st of June 1995 into the family of Mallam Bashir Abdulmumuni and Salamatu Aliyu in Maiha L.G.A. of Adamawa state, Bashir Umar was enlisted into the Nigerian Air Force on 1st August, 2016 after Basic Military Training at the Military Training Centre, Kaduna.source


Share:

Dr Aliyu Pantami's Ministerial Screening At The Senate (Video) in nigeria

Dr Aliyu Pantami's Ministerial Screening At The Senate (Video)

Full Screening Of Dr Aliyu Pantami (the Best Of The Screened Ministers So Far?)

What is your take on this guy?

I believe he's the most evidence based performer so far. Most of what he stated are things he achieved and not what he "intends" to achieve.

We need sound ministers and government officials like this young man. He's one (Youngest?) of the youngest of the 43 ministers and WIDELY read.


Share:

Soldier Commits Suicide Inside Abuja Army Barracks

WHY!!!.,.Soldier Commits Suicide Inside Abuja Army Barracks

Soldier Commits Suicide Inside Abuja Army Barracks

A sergeant of the Nigerian Army has reportedly committed suicide.

According to reports, the sergeant identified as Tella Adedapo allegedly took his life on Friday, July 26th.

Adedapo’s body, it was gathered, was found dangling from his ceiling fan in his room.

Before he passed on, he lived at flat two, block F, Muhammadu Buhari quarters at Gowon barracks.

A suicide note found in his house suggested he may have been having marital issues.

The note read;

“What’s Rose problem with my work, is this husband and wife? Ask Rose the problem she has with my work,” the note read. SOURCE
Share:

Twin babies found dead after dad ‘left them inside for EIGHT HOURS’

Twin babies found dead ‘foaming at the mouth’ in 30C car after dad ‘left them inside for EIGHT HOURS’,

TWIN babies were found dead in the backseat of a car after their dad allegedly left them inside for eight hours in 30C heat.

The tragic pair were said to be foaming at the mouth when they were discovered in the vehicle in New York yesterday.

The two one year olds were found dead in the back of a car in New York.

A man, reported to be their dad, has been arrested and charged for manslaughter[/caption]
Juan Rodriguez, said to be their father, has been charged with two counts of manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide after the deaths of one-year-old Mariza and Phoenix.

The 39-year-old is alleged to have parked his Honda Accord in The Bronx around 8am before work.

After finishing his shift at the Veterans Association hospital is said to have come back at 4pm, before realising that the children were on the backseat.

The New York Post reports they were dead and “foaming at the mouth”, and Rodriguez began screaming.

After a bystander is said to have called 911, he was arrested and charges brought against him this morning.

The temperature in the city yesterday was around 30C, with temperatures inside the car thought to be far hotter.

Crowds of stunned people gathered to watch police at the cordoned off scene.

The family had just celebrated the twins’ first birthday with a big party, a neighbour said.

‘IT’S SHOCKING’
Devastated neighbours built a makeshift memorial of candles across the street from where the father pulled over the car and fell apart.
The dad has two older children from a previous marriage who also live at home.
A neighbour added: “It’s shocking. I know there are two little angels in heaven tonight.

“I hope they get a beautiful burial.” SOURCE
Share:

Supreme court gives Trump go-ahead to build Mexico border wall

BREAKING NEWS... Supreme court gives Trump go-ahead to build Mexico border wall.
The US Supreme Court has given the go-ahead for Donald Trump to spend $2.5bn (£2bn) to build a section of wall on the southern border with Mexico.

The lower courts had frozen the cash but the court ruled by five votes to four that the US president will be able to progress with what was a major 2016 election campaign promise.

Mr Trump tweeted after the announcement: "Wow! Big VICTORY on the Wall. The United States Supreme Court overturns lower court injunction, allows Southern Border Wall to proceed. Big WIN for Border Security and the Rule of Law!"

The Supreme Court's decision means wall projects can now begin in Arizona, California and New Mexico.

The case the Supreme Court ruled in began after the 35-day partial government shutdown that started last December.

Mr Trump ended the shutdown in February after Congress gave him approximately $1.4bn (£1.1bn) in border wall funding.

The amount was far less than the $5.7bn (£4.6bn) he was looking for and Mr Trump then declared a national emergency to take cash from other government accounts to use to construct sections of wall.
The money the president identified includes $3.6bn (£290bn) from military construction funds, $2.5bn (£2bn) in defence department money and $600m (£484m) from the treasury department's asset forfeiture fund.

The case before the Supreme Court involved just the $2.5bn (£2bn) in defence department funds, which the administration says will be used to construct more than 100 miles of fencing.

Alexei Woltornist, a spokesman for the justice department, said: "We are pleased that the Supreme Court recognised that the lower courts should not have halted construction of walls on the southern border.

"We will continue to vigorously defend the administration's efforts to protect our nation."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi accused Mr Trump of trying to "undermine our military readiness and steal from our men and women in uniform to waste billions on a wasteful, ineffective wall that Congress on a bipartisan basis has repeatedly refused to fund".

She said the Supreme Court's decision "undermines the Constitution and the law."

Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer of New York called the decision "deeply regrettable and nonsensical." SOURCE


Share:

GET FREE UPDATES IN YOUR EMAIL

TOP VIRAL STORIES

Loading...

Popular Posts

Translate

Blog Archive